Upon a Summer's Day
John Playford was a London publisher and book seller. He is perhaps best known today for his publication of "The English Dancing Master", 1651.
We will play a lot of songs and dances from his publications (such as "Upon the Summer's Day" along with some Scottish music!) as well as a few more serious pieces by his contemporaries: Henry Purcell, James Oswald and
Julie Baumgartel, baroque violin
Rona Goldensher, baroque violin
Kerri McGonigle, viola da gamba, cello
Cynthia Hiebert, harpsichord
Rebecca McKay, soprano
Magdalena Tomsinska, lute, Baroque guitar, theorbo
- General Admission - $30
- Students and Children - FREE
TICKET PURCHASE OPTIONS
- Purchase by Interac e-Transfer - mail Interac ticket purchases to email@example.com
- Reserve tickets by phone - call and reserve tickets by calling 1-866-303-0009.
- Reserve tickets by email - email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pay by cash at the door (day of concert subject to availability).
- Pay by cheque - Make cheque out to "Nota Bene Players & Singers"
- Pay through EventBrite by credit card and various other options.
EVENT LOCATIONS AND DATES
- FRIDAY, JUNE 2nd at 7:30PM
Saugeen Academy, Hanover
381 10th St, Hanover, ON N4N 1P7
- SATURDAY, JUNE 3rd at 8:00PM
St. Paul's United Church Dundas
29 Park St. W., Dundas ON, L9H 1X3
- SUNDAY, JUNE 4th at 3:00PM
First United Church
16 William St. W, Waterloo, ON N2L 1J3
*Image: Marten van Cleve (1527–1581) "Wedding Dance"